space
test

New(ish) Journalism

Should journalism schools forgo instruction on the inverted pyramid, ledes, nut graffs, objectivity and balance and instead teach students the new(ish) brand of on-line journalism (a la blogs)? Media Hack Adam L. Penenberg ponders the question for Wired News in "The New Old Journalism."

And speaking of new(ish) media, what do you think about Al Gore's new television network for the MTV generation, Current TV? Do you think it is going to be the next great thing, or a gigantic flop? Seems to me like there's not a lot of buzz about it. It also seems to me that there's a lot of exclamations on their home page. That's lame!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shows! how! unaware! I! am!

I hadn't even heard of the new network, but then again, I'm not exactly the target market.