space
test

Would-Be Working Wordsmiths

Yay! First Eleran posted a quote, then StuckHereWithNoTV posted two. Now Jen, the author of one of my favorite blogs, has posted three quotes on writing. That's right, three. I think she has thrown down the gauntlet, folks. And I know a certain unemployed wordsmith from New York who's up to the challenge.

So speaking of unemployed wordsmiths, last night I added some writing/editing job search sites to the links on the right-hand side of this page. I might add some more. But I'm only going to post the best sites. The sites I picked are easy to look at and easy to use. They have mostly paying jobs (because we love to write but we also have to eat). They are free. And they don't require a user name and password unless they are totally worth it.

I posted these links for visitors to this site who are (or want to be) working writers, of course. But I also did it for me. I've made a resolution to be more aggressive in my marketing, so I don't have to spend another summer as an underemployed freelancer. It was tough, what with all the long walks and the reading and the napping. Now I can easily check these sites daily without wading through the 32 job search sites in my favorites folder, most of which are crap, anyway.

Feel like I left out a good one? Leave a comment about it. You know I love comments, right?

1 comment:

StuckHereWithNoTV said...

I think JobsPage has tons of information and advice that's useful for those wanting to go into journalism.