space
test

Ways to while away your Friday

I knew it: Gossip is good for you and Cookies aren't bad for you. Mmmmm, cookies. Oh, wait. Wrong kind of cookie. Never mind.

On Wednesday I ranted about the beverage industry a little bit. But I've got to hand it to 'em. Those cola companies are coming up with new products all the time. Mmmmm, Chunky Pepsi and Double-Diet No-Vanilla Neapolitan Okay-Some-Vanilla Cherry Coke.

And while we're being all New Yorker-y, here's what's possibly the best first line of a short story ever: In the spring of 1988, Vasya Brkic, waking from a dream in which she was a wolf, bit her husband's neck and killed him in the bed they shared. If you don't have time to read this, print it out, because as far as I can tell, the New Yorker only makes one story available online at a time. When the next one is published, this one goes away.

Click here to see a picture of my office mate. Just kidding!*

If your mother is a muggle and your father is a wizard ... For the first time in my life, I understand the basic concepts of mendelian genetics, thanks to this letter in the journal Nature.

Can you spot the difference between a fake smile and a real one? I think the better question is where the hell did they find these people? I got 14 out of 20 correct, by the way. [via I am Bored]
.

No comments: