space
test

I'm willing to spend a few hundred thousand dollars never to hear that again

When I was in college I lived in a brick building near Harvard Square. My apartment was in the back of the building, overlooking a small parking lot. Across the way there was a building for married Harvard grad school students, which was also made of brick. Two boxy brick buildings facing each other with an open space between them--the acoustics were phenominal.

On warm days in spring and summer, with the windows open in both buildings, the sound of couples having sex bounced and boomeranged between the buildings on a regular basis. It got especially symphonic on Saturday mornings.

When I was a 20-something college student, I didn't mind it. Actually, I thought it was kind of funny. Especially Saturday mornings, when I was probably still a little drunk. I'm sure I even added to the cacophony on occassion.

But as a 40-year-old condo owner with 20-something tenants living above me who seem to have no understanding of either open windows or acoustics, I'm thinking that it might be time to start looking for a single-family house.

No comments: