space
test

Don't you know who I am?

All I could think of when I saw the picture on the left, which was the tease for this article on CNN, was "Why the hell is there a picture of Vanessa Huxtable on CNN?" Do you think Cynthia McKinney will punch me in the face if she finds out? OK, that's bad, I know. But I just have no respect for a politician who makes Jerry Springer show guests look like church mice.

You have to love this story, especially the "high and the haughty" and the "much ado about hairdo" lines:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U. S. Capitol Police Chief Terrance Gainer said Wednesday that Rep. Cynthia McKinney turned an officer's failure to recognize her into a criminal matter when she failed to stop at his request, and then struck him.

He reached out and grabbed her and she turned around and hit him," Gainer said on CNN. "Even the high and the haughty should be able to stop and say, 'I'm a congressman' and then everybody moves on."

"This is not about personality," added House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois. "It's not about racial profiling. It's about making this place safer."

For her part, McKinney wasn't backing down from the argument. She charged anew that racism is behind what she said is a pattern of difficulty in clearing Hill security checkpoints.

"This has become much ado about hairdo," she said Wednesday on CBS's "The Early Show." McKinney, a Georgia Democrat, recently dropped her trademark cornrows in favor of a curly brown afro.
(It goes on but I'm stopping there because -- surprise, surprise -- Tom DeLay says something stupid.)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was stuck in a doctor's waiting room while this farce was being televised and couldn't change the channel. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it completely ridiculous.

Gienna said...

Hah -- I should note, however, that she did issue a public apoplogy. Very un-Springer-Show-like of her.