space
test

Gienna Écrit

I have taken away the silly Amazon content bubble thingy--which was supposed to recommend books based on content and somehow kept coming up with titles about makeup and makeovers and Mary K cosmetics. (I wonder if Amazon is trying to tell me something?) I've replaced it with a little widget that allows readers to translate the page into another language. It's kind of fun to read the page in French: RCAS' son can say le chienchien, le kitty, pain grillé, en dehors de, camion, autobus, arbre, grand kitty, ours, tigre, and voiture bleue. But probably not in French ... yet. I am trying to learn a little French, as I've been thinking about a trip to Paris sometime in 2008.

Some words I have already learned: hello, my name is Gienna, pleased to meet you, please, thank you, good night, see you tomorrow, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, coffee, non-fat milk, and napkin. Pretty soon I will be able to speak as well as d'enfant en bas âge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you actually know the phrase "see you tomorrow?" i'm going to need some proof...

Anonymous said...

Gienna, nous pouvons ecrire en francais. J'ai studie (sooo rusty!) francais a l'ecole.

A demain! Alors, vraiment je preferes a bientot (see you soon).

Merci pour tous les mots pour mon enfant!

rcas

Gienna said...

Audrey: Alors, a demain? But vous etes ne travail pas demain, so "a bientot!"

Or is it "vous n' etes pas travail?" I am still learning negatives.

RCAS: I don't know how to say "you're welcome" yet! What is the proper response to merci?

Au revoir!

Gienna said...

Oh, and Joyeux Noel!