space
test

"For as Long as I can Remember" at Lynn Arts


For as Long as I can Remember
For as Long as I Can Remember - mixed media
It's been a while since I've updated this blog, but a friend of mine just started a blog called "complicated bacon" and it made me think of this so here I am.

I've been doing some mixed media pieces lately--incorporating photographs but also a whole lotta other stuff.

Last month I submitted my first one, Mixed Messages, to the Marblehead Arts Association and it received an honorable mention (I ended up taking it out of the show but that is a whole 'nother story).

This is the second one I've done--it was accepted to an upcoming show that runs through April 6 at Lynn Arts. More deets below.



Click on the thumbnails, below, if you'd like to see how the piece progressed. Some day, when I'm not stealing time at work, I'll write a little bit more about the materials and the process of making it and what I'm learning. Short story: I really like it. :) It is, as they say in the mental health field, cathartic.

For as Long as I Can Remember" (in progress) For as Long as I Can Remember (in progress) For as Long as I Can Remember (in progress)


Capturing Time
Photography Show
Juror Ron DiRito
March 10-April 6

Lynn Arts
75 Exchange Street
Lynn, MA 01901
781-598-5244
www.lynnarts.org

Opening Reception
Saturday, March 12 2-14 p.m.

Gallery hours
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thurs 10 - 8
Sat 11-4

No comments: